1. Reports and Communications from the Board Clerk/Director, Office of Board Governan
2. Reports of the Independent Hearing Officers of the Milwaukee Board of School Direc
3. Report of the Committee on Accountability, Finance, and Personnel, Items 1 and 2
1. The Chair will call the meeting to order.
2. The Secretary will call the roll.
1. The Secretary will lead the Board in the Pledge of Allegiance.
1. Presentation of the 2019 MPS Valedictorians and Salutatorians
1. Action on the Minutes of the April 2019 Special and Regular Meetings of the Milwau
1. Action on a Request from the City Comptroller for Adoption of a Resolution Authori
1. Action on a Request to Approve a Technical Amendment to the April Certificated App
2. Superintendent of Schools' Monthly Report
3. Action on Recommended Administrative Appointments, Promotions, Reassignments, Sala
1. Monthly Report, with Possible Action, on Legislative Activities Affecting MPS
2. Consideration of and Possible Action on Employment, Compensation, and Performance-
1. Monthly Report, with Possible Action, on Activities within the Office of Accountab
1. Action on Reports of the Independent Hearing Officers of the Milwaukee Board of Sc
1. Action on Monthly Personnel Matters: Action on Classified Personnel Transactions,
2. Action on Recommended Administrative Appointments, Promotions, Reassignments and R
3. Action on Monthly Finance Matters: Authorization to Make Purchases; Informational
4. Action on the Award of Professional Services Contracts
5. Action on the Award of Exception-to-Bid Contracts
6. Action on the Award of Professional Services Contracts Related to Transportation
7. Action on Monthly Facilities Matters: FMS Award of Construction Contract, Profess
8. Action on the Award of Exception-to-Bid Contracts Related to Transportation
9. Action on the Award of Summer Contracts for 21st Century Community Learning Center
10. Report with Possible Action Regarding MPS Employee Education Pathways
1. Report with Possible Action on the Northwest Region Showcase
2. Report with Possible Action on Progress in Fulfilling Equity Goals
1. Action on Amendments to the MPS Proposed 2019-20 Budget
2. Action on the 2019-20 Superintendent's Proposed Budget, Including the Budgets for
1. Update with Possible Action on ACCESS for ELLs® 2018-19 Results
2. Report with Possible Action Regarding the Collaborative Efforts Between the School
3. Report with Possible Action on the MPS Ambitious Instruction Plan
4. Action on Resolution 1920R-001 by Director Miller Regarding Restorative Practices
1. Reports of the Board's Delegates
2. Monthly Report of the President of the Milwaukee Board of School Directors
1. Action on a Request to Make Technical Amendments to Administrative Policy 2.07: Te
2. Action on a Request to Make a Technical Amendment to Administrative Policy 7.32: C
3. Action on a Request to Revise Administrative Policy 1.05: Recognition for Accompli
5/30/2019 - 6:30 PM
New Business (for Referral to Committee unless Otherwise Indicated)
3. Action on a Request to Revise Administrative Policy 1.05: Recognition for Accomplishment
Strategic Plan Compatibility Statement
Admin Policy 1.05 - Recognition for Accomplishment
Administrative Policy 1.05 - Revised
In December 2018, the Board adopted Resolution 1819R-006 by Director Voss regarding staff recognition.
The Board's action directed that Administrative Policy 1.05: Recognition for Accomplishment, be amended to include an annual report to the Board's regular meeting as part of the Awards and Commendations section. The purpose of the report is to recognize staff for years of service, outstanding attendance, and special achievements, contributions and service.
In accordance with the Board's action, the Administration will work with the Office of Board Governance to develop a companion procedure further outlining implementation.
Fiscal Impact Statement
This item does not authorize expenditures. The FY20 proposed budget will include funds to fully implement the Board's action relative to employee recognition.
Implementation and Assessment Plan
Upon approval by the Board, the Administration will begin the employee recognition plan and corresponding reporting.
The Administration recommends that the Board approve the proposed revisions to Administrative Policy 1.05: Recognition for Accomplishment.
Evangeline M Scoptur - Interim Chief Human Resources Officer
Christopher Hauser - Interim Deputy Superintendent
Keith Posley, Ed.D. - Superintendent